You will provide the Project Manager with accurate and effective Project Controls data of all the areas under their direction and will manage and supervise the relevant cost, planning and risk resources and facilitate the timely provision of summary reports as required.
Duties could include
- Implementation of a suite of project control management arrangements.
- Ensuring that the Cost Management, Risk Management & Planning requirements are carried out in a timely and proficient manner.
- Generating estimates for formal submission as part of business cases in tendering for new work.
- Ensuring that budgets are in place and that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- Establishing and maintaining the agreed Project estimate in line with the generated work breakdown structure, scope of work and approved change.
- Formulation, review and agree cost baselines, control budgets and forecasts.
- Establishing value of work done, cost to date and work in progress in conjunction with subcontractors, partners and others.
- Managing cost variation identification, estimation, mitigation and resolution.
- Establishing and maintaining an earned value management system.
- To appraise management of major unmitigatable cost implications.
- Approval and review subcontractor, partner and other payments.
- Production of periodic reports in supporting project, commercial, finance and board requirements.
- Ensuing limits of delegated financial authority are in place.
- Identification and management of areas that represent significant risk through proactive measures of risk management, assessment, CRA, TRA and mitigation.