You will support Project Managers in the delivery of projects by providing a high level planning service for the preparation of project plans, producing baseline scheduled tasks, resource profiles and financial models.
Duties could include
- Prepare robust tender and contract programmes.
- Fully resource programmes, produce resource histograms, resource level programmes, understand and communicate the effect on programme schedules to project team.
- Act as mentor to Junior Planning members to assist in their personal development.
- Include appropriate financial data in the programme to produce a project cost/time distribution profile and communicate the results to the project team.
- Display and analyse the project Critical Path and advise the project team of the results and any appropriate corrective action.
- Produce/maintain project baselines and execute the change control process as appropriate.
- Produce project reports/data directly from the planning software arranging the data to align with the company accounting software.
- Understand and report on project using Earned Value Analysis techniques and interpret/communicate the results and any corrective action to the project team.
- Produce programmes that satisfy contractual requirements.
- All programmes and documentation to be produced to company practices and procedures.
- Manage a portfolio of project programmes and supporting Planning Engineers/Junior Planning Engineers including supervision and checking of work.